Thursday, January 13, 2011

5th FOW League Game: Roadblock vs Jamie's Grenadier List (With Brumbars and Tigers Oh My!)

Hey Folks,

This was my 5th Flames of War 1000pt League game, this time vs my nemesis Jamie. Jamie's list was as much of a cheese fest as my list, he had:


  • Grenadier HQ

  • 2 Full Grenadier Platoons

  • 1 Tiger

  • 3 Brumbarr's

  • 3 Panzerwerfer '42's with Loaders

You can see Jamie's Battle Report "From the Other Side of the Hill: http://roughwotr.blogspot.com/2011/01/fow-report-1000pts-league-game-my-place.html


Deployment: UC Rota strung out through the Village, Panthers to the Front

Jamie's new "$2 Dollar Shop House Village". I have 8 of these myself as they come up very well indeed for the pricey sum of $3.90 each...

Ruh Roh!: Brumbarr's in Ambushcade...
Goodbye Panthers: To be expected!


Right, down to business. The UC Rota ignore the Brumbars's (a mistake it turns out) and head off down the road through the forest to threaten the Panzerwerfers and Tiger on the hill as well as interdict any reserves.
M10's turn up on the flank but due to Hens and Chicks can only manage frontal shots. Which are frustrated due to range and FA9 :(

Jamie's Tiger comes down from his perch on the Hill and nabs a Carrier down the road.


The Brumbarr's move and stormtrooper off their hill to contest the objective - forcing me to move to contest or lose!

The UC Rota reverses direction and comes back the way they came to threaten the rear of the Brumbars.
More Rota and the M10's dash forward to contest the objective and prevent auto loss. Sadly the M10's have to move full speed so are unable to shoot.

The Brumbars retreat to their perch on the hill and hit a Carrier and an M10 with 150mm shells, the results are messy!. The Tiger move up but misses. The two Razvedki move up to disembarking points to effect a cordon/ attempt to BBQ some heavy armour with flamethrowers.
Grenadier reinforcements finally arrive and move up in the background. The Brumbars get another team, Jamie's Panzerwerfers have a beautiful shot but he rolls three ones' to range in. That will teach him to place the template prematurely! I move the Razvedki up to assault positions but can quite get the Flamethrowers into position. Jamie plays the 'hide from the FT Teams" game too well. A limited one stand assault on the Tiger is shot down in DF fire while the M10's just cant hit the Brumm's
Now quite a bit happens here and I forgot to get photos. The Tiger and Brumbars MG the Razvedki in the woods, whittling them down to 5 teams and killing the Flamer. The Grenadiers move up to assist and in my turn I move the Razvedki to a flank and assault them. Meanwhile my BA-64's have turned up and drove through the forest and had a crack at the aforementioned Grenadiers, getting a couple of teams. I then assaulted them with the Razvedki and ground them down to the Command Team who fell back in good order and later disengaged. This left me with the three stands below who were MG'd to death by the Tiger of Doom.

Below the UC Razvedki are pinned by a Panzerwerfer barrage and then stay that way...the M10's lurk and try to tempt the Brumbars forward, but are unwilling to risk the 150mm shells! My trained tanks are hit all to easily by these monsters.

By now the Brumbarrs have killed two to the BA-64's and on the other side of the Board a small KG Grenadier platoon is steadily marching towards the Village objective. The other KG Grenadier platoon is seem here on the fringe of the forest linking up with the Tiger (who is still hiding form the M-1o's) Panzerwerfer barrages get another team but I pass my Motivation for both the platoon and the M-10s when one is bailed.
The remaining two BA-64's zip past the Brumbarrs and attempt to take the head of the Fascist commander, but he passes his saves :( They then get obliterated by the Brumm's in a fantastic display of overkill!
By now the Razvedki have run from the field after being bombarded to pieces and the Tiger is steadily advancing with the Grenadiers. The remaining two M-10s and the Company Commander are all I have left and I decided to "tactically retreat". I will be back with a Guards Shock Army (or two)
So the first loss to the mighty Rota :(
6-1 win to the dirty invading Hun...
Cheers for the game Jamie it was super fun and nice to play a new mission. Your right in that its ridiculous that we haven't played this before as its really quite a cool mission. I think provided you have a balanced list and haven't plumped for an "uber" unit that can get Ambuscaded to death then most player stand a good chance. I like it better then Hasty Assault anyway!
I think the critical point was when I moved the UC Rota through the forest first turn and then had to back track. If I had of concentrated on the objective better then I could have quite possibly pushed the Brumbarr's back out of 16 inch's of the objective to secure the win before the Tiger arrived, and especially with your reserves being tardy.
Ah well, I will chalk that one up to experience and look forward to a rematch sometime!















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another stand out is to identify business your logo.
Aԁd additiоnal embеllishments like beads or sequinѕ for а rеally unique looκ.


Look at my pаge boscarol.com