Below is my first repaint of my old StuG's I painted about 4-5 years ago. I have tried to get this as close to the German three tone camo as I can without an airbrush (I would LOVE an airbrush but I cant afford one sadly).
This took about 4 hours with multiple washes, stippling and wet blending the edges to get that feathered look. I added the little grey/ bone coloured dashes that the really late war camo had as a way of adding a bit of detail, as well as paint chipping.
Here is the first StuG (well actually a StuH42):
The camo netting is a bandage chopped up, soaked in PVA and painted. Then I have added some foliage bits.
Overall I am pretty stoked, and have 3 more StuG's on the painting table...but they take so long to do! Oh well :)